Friday, November 12, 2010

SKYLINE


Oh brother. Why do they make these kinds of movies? Why?

I trust the filmmaking industry.  I think that it is safe to say that the majority of the time, movies are decently made.  Not every movie is great, but many are just fine.  Then there are movies like The Last Airbender.  I seriously scratched my head and thought to myself, “how”? How can a movie that is so blatantly terrible hit the big screen?  Well my people, it has happened again. A failure has hit the big screen and is attempting to steal your money. Lucky for you, I got your back.

If you want to know what Skyline is about, go look it up on Wikipedia.  I don’t want to write a summary of the movie because it doesn’t deserve a summary.  There are only three things that describe this movie: aliens, death, lame.

I am a fan of alien movies.  I love Signs. Cloverfield is one of my favorite movies.  Skyline looked so intriguing to me.  I heard it was a low budget film, but the previews always caught my eye and I looked forward to November 12 for a long time.  The movie was not screened for critics.  Usually this is a bad sign, but the director said he didn’t want to screen it for critics because he wanted to keep the script a secret.  Yeah I’d want to keep this script a secret too.  It was such a weak script that they should have locked it away and called it a failure before production.












There are three things that carry a movie: a script, actors, and special effects.  I give Skyline a failure in all three areas.  The script was so poorly written.  Everything the characters said was agonizing to listen too.  There was nothing funny, nothing scary, nothing entertaining to listen too.  The acting was also terrible.  This movie was filled with no name actors.  They are “no name” actors for a reason.  They don’t even deserve a name.  They were not passionate about their roles.  There was no hero of the movie and I didn’t even care when a character got eaten every now and then.  When a character got eaten I secretly cheered because it was one less person I had to listen too.  The last failure was the special effects.  The aliens were ok looking, but nothing really original or special about them.  Lame. Lame. Lame.

I will give this movie ONE compliment. The ending.  Cool, sad, not happy ending.  This is not being sarcastic either.  I love sad endings and Skyline delivered on at least an original ending.  People! Save your money or go spend it on something better(like toilet paper).


Keep reading my blog guys! Reviews will still be comin! Spread the word! Help me become the person you know who makes it big and becomes famous!







3 comments:

  1. This movie looks terrible! I give you 3 out of 5 aliens of sympathy for sitting through it but I also demand 4 aliens back because you wasted your money...if my math is correct, you now have -1 aliens...which ultimately means you should go see 'unstoppable' and tell us what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you become famous, will you remember me? will we still be friends? that would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an appropriate review, Justin. Your review for The Tourist is not. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete